Apple "Bulmer's Norman"
Order fulfilment occurs after harvest between April 1st - April 30th
Sturdy English Bittersweet Cider Apple
[Acid- low; Sugar-medium/high; Tannin-medium]
Tannic, Blending, Trouble-Free
- Shape: large, conical, somewhat uneven
- Skin: Green-yellow skin, slight bronze blush and defined, brown lenticels and a waxy feel
- Flesh: White, firm
Mildly astringent, sweet juice that balances blends and brings a full-body mouthfeel to any cider it’s added to, without imparting too much acidity.
Unnamed French heritage apple but came to prominence in the United Kingdom with the major cider company H.P. Bulmer. A hardy tree that’s fallen out of favor and provides a sturdy trunk for more eccentric grafts.
- Precocity: Average
- Vigour: Quite vigorous, spreading
- Disease Tolerance: Above Average
- Zone Hardiness: 4 (Map Link)
- Pollination Group: III (Chart) (Triploid)
- Cropping: Biennial, heavy crops
- Picking Season: Mid October
- Storage: Poor
- Special Care:
About the Rootstocks: Click on link for details
Planting Instructions: Click on link for details