Apple "Cap of Liberty"
Order fulfilment occurs after harvest between April 1st - April 30th
Cap of Liberty
Mainstay English Bittersharp Cider Apple
[Acid-medium/high; Sugar-low; Tannin-medium/high]
Vintage-worthy, West Country Style
- Shape: Small, round-squat to oblong
- Skin: Greenish-yellow background with significant red blush and prominent white lenticels.
- Flesh: White-Yellow
Complex spiced aromas, amber juice and somewhat unbalanced bitterness.
Traditional English bittersharp apple with unknown, but very old roots – between the 11th and 14th centuries – though likely from Murtock, Somerset.
- Vigour: Vigorous, spreading bushy habit
- Disease Tolerance: Below average
- Zone Hardiness: 5 (Map Link)
- Pollination Group: III (Chart) (Diploid, Self-Sterile)
- Cropping: Biennial, heavy crops
- Picking Season: Late September
- Storage: Poor
- Special Care: Juices best after a week of sweating.
About the Rootstocks: Click on link for details
Planting Instructions: Click on link for details