Order fulfilment occurs after harvest between April 1st - April 30th
Cold-Hardy American Apple
[Acid-medium; Sugar-medium/low; Tannin-low]
Fresh, Culinary, Cider
Sweet, Refreshing, Russeted
- Shape: Medium, round
- Skin: Dark red over a yellow background, some russeting
- Flesh: White and juicy, firm
Firm, juicy, tangy apple with full, complex flavours yielding a light bodied juice, with sharp refreshingly zingy taste. Flavour improves with storage as the acidity mellows out. Holds its shape very well during baking.
Cross-pollination of Malinda x Wealthy, from Excelsior, Minnesota 1913 (released 1922), named for Charles Haralson, superintendent of the Breeding Farm. Haralred and Red Haralson are some popular sports in America.
- Precocity (Maturity): Average
- Vigour: Above-average, tends to grow somewhat small.
- Disease Tolerance: High
- Zone Hardiness: 3 (Map Link)
- Pollination Group: IV (Chart) (Diploid, Self-Sterile)
- Cropping: Biennial tendency
- Picking Season: Mid October
- Storage: 3-6 months, flavour improves with storage.
- Special Care: Moderately long lived, easily 50yrs. Tip-bearing
About the Rootstocks: Click on link for details
Planting Instructions: Click on link for details