Apple "Harry Masters Jersey"
Order fulfilment occurs after harvest between April 1st - April 30th
Harry Master's Jersey
Traditional English Bittersweet Cider Apple
[Acid-low; Sugar-medium/high; Tannin-high]
Soft Tannins, West Country Style
- Shape: Medium-large, conical
- Skin: Red stripes and blush with yellow russeting
- Flesh: Yellowish-green
Full bodied, raw and unpolished. Takes some time to soften up. Fruity aroma of melons, pine needles and butterscotch. Vintage quality juice (though low yield). West country style orchard floor 'funk'.
Late 19th century Somerset, England, named for Mr. Harry Masters, a local miller and famous nurseryman.
- Precocity: Early
- Vigour: Low vigour, compact growth
- Disease Tolerance: Moderate
- Zone Hardiness: 4-5 (Map Link)
- Pollination Group: IV (Chart) (Diploid, Self-Sterile)
- Cropping: Biennial tendency, good crop
- Picking Season: Late October
- Storage: Poor
- Special Care: Challenges with ripening, tip-bearing
About the Rootstocks: Click on link for details
Planting Instructions: Click on link for details