Apple "Kingston Black"
Order fulfilment occurs after harvest between April 1st - April 30th
The Definitive English Bittersharp Cider Apple
[Acid-high; Sugar-medium/high; Tannin-medium]
Aromatic, Floral, Vintage-worthy
- Shape: Medium-large conical with ribbing
- Skin: Streaky red with russeting at the top. Quite dark, sometimes maroon
- Flesh: Greenish-white, starchy
Intensely fruity with notes of lychee, dried flowers, cane sugar, and lemon rind. The juice has a marked butterscotch and citrus flavour.
It is possibly related to Cap of Liberty, but this cultivar was established by Thomas Reynold in Somersetshire, England 1820.
- Precocity: Late
- Vigour: Moderate
- Disease Tolerance: Poor
- Zone Hardiness: 5 (Map Link)
- Pollination Group: IV (Chart) (Diploid, Self-Fertile
- Cropping: Biennial, somewhat light crops
- Picking Season: Late October-Early November
- Storage: Short
- Special Care: Spur-bearing
About the Rootstocks: Click on link for details
Planting Instructions: Click on link for details