Order fulfilment occurs after harvest between April 1st - April 30th
The Best Apple You’ll Ever Eat
[Acid-medium/low; Sugar-medium/high; Tannin-low]
Fresh, Culinary, Cider
Sweet, Refreshing, Honeyed
- Shape: Very large, round
- Skin: Green-yellow, blushes with orange when ripe. Some scabbing and russeting at the top. Can also be very pale.
- Flesh: White-yellowish, juicy and crisp when fresh.
Light, refreshing, lime peel, zingy when picked early. Spiced honey flavours after a couple months in storage.
First bred Aomori Research Station in 1937-9 as a cross of Golden Delicious x Indo, released 1948. They are also commonly given as a gift to employers – bigger is better in that way. One apple can be a meal on its own
- Precocity: Average
- Vigour: Above average, spreading
- Disease Tolerance: Poor
- Zone Hardiness: 4 (Map Link)
- Pollination Group: III (Chart) (Triploid)
- Cropping: Biennial tendency, heavy crops
- Picking Season: Early October
- Storage: 3-6 months. Smaller apples will store better.
- Special Care: Spur-bearing. Can be encouraged to grow very large fruit.
About the Rootstocks: Click on link for details
Planting Instructions: Click on link for details