Apple "Pink Pearl"
Order fulfilment occurs after harvest between April 1st - April 30th
Crunchy Red-Fleshed American Culinary Apple
[Acid-medium; Sugar-high; Tannin-low]
Eating, Culinary, Cider, Red-fleshed
- Shape: Medium, round
- Skin: Pearlescent yellow, slightly translucent
- Flesh: Peachy pink, crisp, fine-grained, tart and crunchy
The Pink Pearl is well regarded for the surprisingly depth of colour inside if an otherwise normal looking apple. The soft aroma is reminiscent of apple-flavoured candies can be deceiving as this is quite a tart and zingy apple with a refreshing crunch.
Developed by the renowned plant breeder Albert Etter in 1944 at his orchard in Ettersville, CA.
- Precocity: Early
- Vigour: Moderate
- Cropping: Tendency
- Disease Tolerance: Poor
- Zone Hardiness: 4 (Map link)
- Picking Season: Late September
- Storage: Short, 1 month
- Pollination Group: I (Chart) (Diploid, Self-Sterile)
About the Rootstocks: Click on link for details
Planting Instructions: Click on link for details