Apple "Roxbury Russet"
Order fulfilment occurs after harvest between April 1st - April 30th
Excellent Heritage American Apple
[Acid-medium/low; Sugar-high; Tannin-low]
Eating, Culinary, Cider
Sweet, Subacid, Aromatic
- Shape: Fairly large, round, elliptical shaped
- Skin: Green-gold with extensive orange-brown russeting
- Flesh: Cream coloured, coarse crumbly
Rich, spicy, dried fruit aromas with a thick, heady flavour of dried fruits, honey, and brisk, lingering tartness.
Roxbury, Mass 1650, likely the oldest North American apple variety still in production.
- Precocity: Moderate
- Vigour: Moderate
- Disease Tolerance: Above average
- Zone Hardiness: 4 (Map link)
- Pollination Group: IV (Chart) (Diploid, Self-Fertile)
- Cropping: Biennial tendency, good crops
- Picking Season: Mid October
- Storage: 6 months
- Special Care: Partial tip bearing
About the Rootstocks: Click on link for details
Planting Instructions: Click on link for details