Apple "Sundance" Potted (3 Gal)
Order fulfilment occurs after harvest between April 1st - April 30th
Sundance™ (Co-Op 29)
Disease Resistant American Eating Apple
[Acid-medium; Sugar-medium/high; Tannin-low]
Lemony, Spicy, Tart
- Shape: Large, round, slightly conical
- Skin: Pale yellow with a light pink blush with some russeting especially in cooler years.
- Flesh: Creamy, crisp, holds shape well in baking
Spicy, full, rich, sprightly; the flavour mellows as it stores. Delightful popping-crisp, sweet and tart with hints of lemon and pineapple.
Bred in 1964 at Lafayette, IN as a Golden Delicious x 1050 NJ1 with the goal of developing apple varieties that are highly disease resistant, finally introduced in 2004.
- Precocity: Average
- Vigour: Moderately vigorous, upright
- Disease Tolerance: Very high
- Zone Hardiness: 5 (Map link)
- Pollination Group: IV (Chart) (Diploid, Self-Sterile)
- Cropping: Biennial tendency
- Picking Season: Late October to November
- Storage: 3-4 months
- Special Care: Spur-bearing
About the Rootstocks: Click on link for details
Planting Instructions: Click on link for details