Order fulfilment occurs after harvest between April 1st - April 30th
Fresh Canadian Summer Apple
[Acid-medium/high; Sugar-high; Tannin-low]
Sweet, Juicy, Early
- Shape: Medium to large, roundish
- Skin: Pale yellow-green with significant reddening on sun-exposed faces
- Flesh: Bright white, coarse-grained, juicy and tender
Juicy, sweet and sharp with a mild strawberry flavour. Pleasingly crisp, floral nose and low acidity.
Developed in 1968 in Summerland as a McIntosh x Golden Delicious before being introduced as an early dessert apple in 1991.
- Precocity: Very early
- Vigour: Moderate, upright spreading
- Disease Tolerance: Below average
- Pollination Group: III (Chart) (Diploid, self-sterile)
- Zone Hardiness: N/A (Map link)
- Cropping: Annual, moderate to heavy crops
- Picking Season: August
- Storage: Poor, less than 1 month
- Special Care: Spur bearing, appropriate thinning required.
About the Rootstocks: Click on link for details
Planting Instructions: Click on link for details