Apple "Yarlington Mill"
Order fulfilment occurs after harvest between April 1st - April 30th
Popular English Bittersweet Cider Apple
[Acid-low; Sugar-medium/high; Tannin-medium/high]
Vintage Quality Bittersweet
- Shape: Medium, pear shaped
- Skin: Smooth, waxy skin with yellow background and red blush
- Flesh: White with red veining. Firm, crisp, juicy, sweet
This “Vintage Quality” English Cider apple has a distinct astringency and excellent flavour and demerara aromas, producing a balanced bittersweet juice with spiced, malty nuances.
A wild seedling cultivated in Yarlington, Somerset was further propagated and sold by Harry Masters around 1898, and has since been a mainstay of the region’s ciders.
- Precocity: Slow
- Vigour: Medium-high, spreading tendency, strong branches
- Disease Tolerance: Average
- Zone Hardiness: 4 (Map link)
- Pollination Group: III (Chart) (Diploid, Self-Fertile)
- Cropping: Biennial tendency, heavy cropping
- Picking Season: Late October
- Storage: N/A Sort
- Special Care: Spur-bearing
About the Rootstocks: Click on link for details
Planting Instructions: Click on link for details